Factoring is an important term in mathematics which let you to fi9nd t6he products of a polynomial. Well, you will need to practice this as it is easy, but without practice, one will not be able to understand its pattern. For factoring polynomials, one should be excellent at factoring numbers plus must have the basic knowledge of algebra. So, today, we are looking for the methods for factorizing these polynomials and convert it into a binomial.
Steps to factories polynomials
Yes, you need to learn steps as one should know as which to do at first to factories it. The most significant term included in it is Greatest Common factor which is an abbreviation of GCF.
· In the first step, you need to find out the greatest common factor. If you don’t know what GCF is, then let me tell you that it is the biggest expression that will be common in all the terms. In other words, while solving polynomials, one has to find a number which must be a common factor or number in all the terms from which it is obtained.
· In case you will get a trinomial in which the equation contains three terms and for4 solving that terms one can take help of a FOIL method.
· In case, it is a binomial one should look for the sum of cubes or different of squares. And after you factories all the polynomials then one has to use zero as a product property to find the answers.
Now, let’s factorize polynomials with an example. Let’s solve equation
So, let’s start answering it:
Now, in the next step, consider 10 and factorize this number. After you finish factorizing it, you will get 5 and two from it.
Now,Well, we write (5x) and (-3x) to factorize these polynomials. Besides his, always make sure that you will put right sign before the number as a single wrong sign will give you the right answer. Besides this, you need to know all the rules of signs.
Now, you have to take common x from the equation like:
Now, after this whole calculation, you have to take zero products for finding out the value x. Now,
x+5=0 which will give you x = -5 and (x-2) will give you, x=2.
So, this is the entire solution of the trinomial equation. Well, there are still various things which you should consider while factoring polynomial:
· Make sure that you learn about the signs at first because using proper sign is an essential part of the solution.
· Remember this common rule of signs:
· Besides this, arrange the middle terms in a way that its sum will be equal to the last term and its product will be equal to the middle value of the equation.
Factoring polynomial is full of fun, and when you get used to it, and then you will love to solve such problems. Math is just full of fun when you start understating its concepts.